Year 3 – Mr Hornby
Hello and welcome to Year 3!
It is exciting to be back and running. We are very excited about 2020 and what we will get up to.
As your child is now in Key Stage 2 here is a reminder of our expectations.
· No toys or objects from home, including pencil cases, we have all they need at school.
· Spellings will be sent weekly
· Times tables need to be practiced at home, by the end of year 3 they should know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 times tables.
· Reading- as a school we expect reading to be done at home each school night, a few pages with an adult.
· Cooking – the children will be cooking every fortnight on a Monday. They will be cooking multiple meals so please bring in 50p a week.
The topic we are kicking the year off with is ‘Freedom.’ What does freedom mean to you?
There are a lot of members of staff in the classroom this year, please don’t hesitate to contact any of them.
Class teacher – Mr Hornby
Teaching assistant – Mrs Hicks
1:1 support – Miss Bonehill
Here is a quick rundown of our school week:
Day of the week Activity
Monday Cooking (Please bring 50p a week to enable this)
Tuesday P.M. Mrs Peacock teaching
Wednesday Computing with Mr Weightman and PE
Thursday Immersive suit with Mr Finnigan
Let’s make it an amazing year,
Cleaning our teeth
In science we have been learning about the different kinds of teeth and their functions. We have also been learning about the importance of cleaning our teeth correctly. We did a quick experiment to see how much plaque is on our teeth. First we had to clean our teeth...
Viking Museum Trip
On Monday the 4th we went to Lancaster Maritime Museum to meet three vikings!They were waiting for us inside a long boat house. First we met Olaf a big burly viking who told us the stories of his gods. Then we met Linden who showed us her house. How she made rope from...
Mental health week
Nationally this week is children’s mental health week. We have been learning the importance of keeping our mind healthy and happy. The children have come up with some great ideas and we have tried several out. Here is our class having a go at yoga. We had to choices...