Welcome from the Head
Welcome to Morecambe Bay C.P. School’s website. We are very proud of our school and the wonderful young people and community it serves. Ours is a dynamic, exciting place of learning where children are encouraged to become successful lifelong learners, responsible citizens and confident individuals.
We encourage our young people to become independent, enthusiastic learners with high aspirations and ensure that learning really is irresistible. The staff and community engage in a richly, stimulating and modern curriculum which prepares our children for life in an ever changing world. Our curriculum is designed to develop an appreciation of how wonderful each one of them is, what a joy it is to live and learn in the beautiful Morecambe Bay and how precious our world is.
Following an extensive refurbishment in 2012, we have access to an unparalleled range of facilities that truly enrich the learning experience for our children, including an immersive learning room, film studio, performing arts studio, sensory room, food technology room, and extensive outdoor play and learning resources.
We pride ourselves on the care that we show our children and young people and their wider families. We have an excellent Nursery unit, extensive Pastoral Support Team, a Nurture Group, community Café, Food Club, adult learning opportunities, and Breakfast and after school club. Everybody who visits our school is always impressed by the happy and enthusiastic atmosphere within.
Morecambe Bay School promotes 5 key values for all of our learners.
At Morecambe Bay we are:-
- Happy Learners – Happy to learn and happy to be with each other.
- Brave Learners – Brave enough to have a go, even if our learning is daunting.
- Responsible Learners – Responsible for our own learning and behaviour and happy to take on wider responsibilities to care for our school community and surroundings.
- Respectful Learners – We respect the opportunities that we are given and the people around us.
- Kind Learners – We are kind to ourselves and others, supporting all within our community to learn and flourish.
I hope you enjoy looking through our site and find plenty to interest and inform you, take time to read some of the children’s testimonials and opinions and look at some of our films and podcasts, all produced and edited by the children in school, they give a good flavour of what life at our school is like and the values that we foster.