We aim to:
- Teach our children the essential skills of Literacy and Numeracy within a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum, whilst fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Provide a secure, caring environment for all children, where they know they are valued as individuals and can develop to their full potential.
- To treat all children equally, fairly and provide equal opportunities.
- Make the children aware of the world outside school and understand issues which will affect their lives as they grow older, so they are better equipped to deal with them.
- Give the children the skills to maximise their potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Introduce the children to the world of art, theatre and music to enrich their lives: to begin to introduce them to the dimensions of spirituality and to make them aware of differences in cultures and to celebrate these differences.
- Develop the children’s physical skills and to encourage participation and enjoyment of sport.
- Encourage pupils to become responsible and caring members of society.
Race Equality Statement – We aim to make the community of Morecambe Bay School fully integrated into respect of race, sex, religion and special needs.